Sri Lanka is an Island nation to the south of the Indian sub-continent. It's official languages are tamil and sinhalese. Sri Lanka is a rapidly developing nation and has gained commercial importance in the past few decades. It also makes for a beautiful tourist destination owing to its long coastline, tropical climate and natural heritage. In the article below, we underline how to secure a Visa to Sri Lanka from the UAE. Our office offers services to help you through the procurement process so as to make it as easy as possible for you.
1) When you apply for a Sri Lanka Visa you need to have a copy of your passport. You need to enter all your particulars carefully. The passport number, Date of birth and nationality entered have to all be accurate. In case any inconsistency is found later on, you need to make a fresh application and the Visa fee needs to be paid again.
2) Make sure the Passport you are using to fill the application is the same one that you will be travelling on. If there is a mismatch detected, you will have to complete these formalities again upon arrival in Sri lanka.
3) Visas are initially limited upto 30 days. They can be extended upto 3 months in case of a business Visa, and 6 months in the case of a tourist Visa. These are double entry Visas.
4) Tourist Visas are processed the same day, while business Visas need 3 working days to be processed.
5) In case you are a citizen of the UAE, Sri Lanka tourist visas are electronic. No documents need to be mailed for processing. You will receive your electronic visa via e-mail within 48 hours.
6) You can apply for an extension of your Visa only once you have reached Sri lanka.
7) You need to produce a round trip ticket at the point of entry once you are in Sri Lanka. This is only in the case that you are travelling by air.
8) You also need to furnish proof of sufficient funds to cover the duration of your entire period of stay in Sri Lanka.